Student Return to Campus
Medical Vulnerability Student Checklist
The purpose of this checklist is to assist students who are considering to make an informed decision on whether to accept or decline an invitation to return to campus or residence during the pandemic.
The appropriate form for your registered faculty must be downloaded, completed, and submitted online, which are advised:
Department of Student Affairs Student Wellness Service aims to provide support to students during the COVID-19 pandemic. The support includes symptom screening on arrival in your residence, information is given about the prevention of COVID-19 even prior to arrival.
All students invited to return to Campus are requested to attend one compulsory Coronavirus webinar on a Tuesday from 11h00 to 12h00, hosted by the Student Wellness Medical Team.
SWS COVID-19 Weekly Webinar
To join this webinar please click here
Time: 11:00 - 12:00
- How the virus is spread and how long they last on surfaces (Dr Corinne Landon) 5 minutes
- Basic prevention measures everyone needs to follow ( Dr Corinne Landon ) 5 minutes
- Demonstration of how to don and doff a mask and PPE ( Dr Kathy van der Westhuizen) 5 minutes
- Screening for COVID-19 & what services are offered by SWS , where to go and how to access (Dr Corinne Landon ) 5 minutes
- Mental health and Coronavirus ( Dr Mwanja Chundu) 10 minutes
- Q&A to panellists ( 30 minutes)