- are valued at R40 000 per annum
- it is an entrance scholarship and are not awarded in addition to faculty & Entrance scholarships
- are valid for three years, subject to a recipient being named on the Dean's Merit List in his/her faculty, at the levels specified by the faculty
A Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship will be offered to an applicant if:
- s/he is among the top ten Mathematics Olympiad, English and Computer Science Olympiad winners in 2019
- s/he attends a WCED school in 2019, and in the 2019 NSC examination achieves among the top 10 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in 2020
- s/he attends a school outside of the Western Cape, writes the NSC administered by the Department of Basic Education, and is among the top 15 applicants in this category applying for admission to UCT in 2020,
- s/he attends an Independent Examination Board (IEB) school and writes the NSC in 2019, and s/he is among the top 5, 2020 UCT applicants in this category.
Process of awarding scholarships
Scholarships are, in most cases, awarded after the final examination results are received, in January 2020. Recipients are informed by email correspondence.