Abe Bailey Travel Bursary
The Trustees of the Abe Bailey Trust request applications from students and/or members of Junior Lecture status for the Abe Bailey Travel Bursary. The tour to the UK is for the period of 24 November to 21 December 2019
The objective of the Travel Bursary is to broaden the views of young South Africans by enabling outstanding South African students who show exceptional leadership qualities and a strong service ethic:
- To effect greater understanding and co-operation among those with various language and cultural backgrounds,
- To foster enterprise, commitment and effective participation in a common future and
- To promote South African unity.
- Applicants must be South African and have a valid SA passport.
- Applicants shall be 3rd year students or above or members of the staff of Junior Lecturer status.
- Applicants must be aged 25 or less at the start of the tour. This age restriction can be departed from, at the discretion of the trustees in the case of outstanding applicants.
- Applicants must be academically strong and have a proven track record of leadership and service. Leadership competencies must include: public speaking, ability to function in a group, and ability to engage with significant people and organisations.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
- A personal letter of motivation;
- A brief statement of dates and purpose of any previous visit to the UK
- A detailed current CV which includes biographical information and details of leadership roles in the community, at school and university
- Three letters of reference, none older than three years
- Copies of your South African ID, matric certificate and university academic record
- Copies of school and university merit/ achievement certificates (limited to five)
For queries please contact Christine Immenga at email@example.com or 021 650 5447.
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Applications for 2019 closed on 1 May 2019.
For more information please view the following documents: